Work With Us: Senior Data Specialist
Bringing meaning to the numbers, and armed with an eagle eye for opportunities
Who We Are
Nightjar is an experience design and technology company based in Sydney, specialising in UX strategy, design, and innovative tech. We partner with brands and startups across the world, to build engaging design-led solutions which make a global impact. Our clients include Destination NSW, EVENT Entertainment & Hospitality, House of Heat, Sonoma, Armadillo, Lifeline, MAMA, Queen Garnet and ilume to name a few.
Nightjar is a close knit team and you will be relied upon to be a contributing and involved member in terms of both your work output but also your attitude, work ethic, and sense of adventure!
Nightjars are a special breed; we push ourselves to create work that gets results, and as a team we break through the barrier of convention to deliver original, impactful experiences. We are passionate above all else, and you will need to demonstrate an energy and enthusiasm for solving problems and the work that goes out the door. This means we were named B&T’s Emerging Agency of the Year in 2020, and have been nominated for Awwward’s Studio of the Year 2020 and 2021.
Nightjar are looking for a bright, energetic Data Specialist, to help steer the metrics and measurements of success for our partners. You’ll help transform the way our clients think organise and orchestrate data to deliver more timely, engaging and meaningful experiences. You’ll work closely with Bonnie, our Head of Experience Strategy, and Ahmed, our Head of Design Tech, to understand the problems we’re solving for our partners and then using both high level strategic thinking as well as detailed implementation, you’ll define where data can help, and how results will be measured.
You’ll monitor database performance, interpret raw data and turn it into usable feedback and applications for the Nightjar team. You'll be a GA whizz, and shine at setting up conversion events, tracking, and maintaining weekly reports - seeing what needs optimising and relaying this to the team in a clear, timely manner.
We’ll rely on you as a crucial part of the team, to ensure our decisions - from UX, to design, to engineering, are all based in fact and well informed by data.
Your keen analytical eye will spot patterns, and shape new features and functionality our products should explore.
Partners include tourism, retail, financial services, arts and culture, food and beverage, pet care, baby care, and social enterprise.
What You’ll Do
- Understand the needs across various e-Commerce clients and advise on the best metrics to track success from an analytics perspective - and work up strategies and activities to deliver the biggest commercial impact for our partners
- Be rigorous and meticulous
- Set up analytics dashboards for our clients, understanding each of their core needs and how data will play a role in increasing performance of their digital platforms, and how Nightjar can add value to their businesses.
- Set up measurement frameworks for each partner, which you’ll report on monthly (but be obsessively checking in on regularly)
- Draw out the interesting and the impactful - breathe life into the numbers and inspire the team to embrace these findings
- Devise testing strategies
- Love collaborating and ensuring your findings are shared, understood, and harnessed by all Nightjar departments
- Design test and learn programs (including A/B testing)
- Awareness, Engagement, Acquisition, Retention - funneling
- Set up event tracking and put testing plans in place to report back on
- Lifecycle analysis and creation of audience segmentations
- CRM strategy
- Informing loyalty strategies through data
- Proactively seek out testing and tactical opportunities for clients
- 7+ years relevant experience in business analysis or tech consulting
- Google Data Analytics Professional Certification preferred
- Shopify & BigCommerce Analytics
- Background in data analytics
- BI tools
- Strong communication skills, conveys information clearly and succinctly
- Proactive & the ability to be self-directed
- Leafy & lovely studio in the heart of Surry Hills
- Friday team lunches
- Monday morning coffee on us
- Monthly Nightar Talks sessions, where the team select external speakers, from any creative industry, to inspire us
- A grumpy office Griffon by the name of Graeme 🐶
- Birthday day off (or other)
- Up to two weeks unpaid leave annually
- Tax returns completed for you
- Parental leave policy & baby bonus
- Monthly ReCo laundry & dishwashing powder subscription - helping you do your bit for the planet, and building a strong circular economy
- Fortnightly 'Wine & Refine' sessions to discuss what we did well and what we can improve, with drinks to follow at our local
- Fortnightly Show & Tell sessions to ensure your contributions are seen and valued amongst the wider team
- Regular 1:1’s to review performance and wellbeing, as well as operations/process
- Diverse range of partners & products
- Only the latest platforms & systems
- Training budget for whatever tickles your fancy, we're always here to help you grow
- Team training sessions with leadership coaches
- Conferences: Semi-Perm, FODI, TDC, SxSW
- Performance reviews and development plans to enable you to shine ✨
- A team surrounding you who is dedicated to doing the absolute best that can be done on any given opportunity
- Nightjar Wings awarded for going above and beyond
- Work on Award-winning projects and learn from Awwwards, Anthem & Webby judges (or become one yourself)
- Referral fees for partners and people
- Monthly excursions for inspiration; Film, Art, Music, Performance, Debate
- Annual Nightjar trips away
- Rosie Campbells for bevos on Friday evenings
Please send your cover letter and CV to: email@example.com