Work With Us: Creative Frontend Developer
Bring art to code to create next-level, award-winning work
Who We Are
Nightjar is an award-winning experience design company based in Sydney, specialising in UX strategy, design, and innovative tech. We partner with brands and startups across the world, to build engaging design-led solutions which make a global impact. Our clients include THE ICONIC, Destination NSW, EVENT Entertainment & Hospitality, Optus, ReachOut, Sneaker Freaker, Sonoma, Armadillo, Lifeline, Queen Garnet and Secret-7 to name a few.
Nightjar is a close knit team and you will be relied upon to be a contributing and involved member in terms of both your work output but also your attitude, work ethic, and sense of adventure!
Nightjars are a special breed; we push ourselves to create work that gets results, and as a team we break through the barrier of convention to deliver original, impactful experiences. We are passionate above all else, and you will need to demonstrate an energy and enthusiasm for solving problems and the work that goes out the door. This means we were named B&T’s Emerging Agency of the Year in 2020, and were nominated for Awwward’s Studio of the Year 2020. In 2021 we picked up several accolades from the FWA, AGDA, Awwwards, the Webby's and the Good Design Awards. We’re chuffed!
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a sharp, award winning Creative Frontend developer. You will be the development lead and key decision maker in the Nightjar technical team, and be given full flexibility to flex your creative muscles to deliver magic for our partners.
- Knowledge in animation libraries and techniques - you’ll love a good micro-interaction
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and GraphQL
- A knack for benchmarking and front end optimisation
- Build workflows/tools (Redis, Redux, Webpack etc....)
- Knowledge of the building blocks of the web; HTTP, headers, cookies, caching, etc.
- Disciplined with your time and be a solid communicator, ensuring the rest of the team are kept abreast of project statuses and any outstanding deliverables
- 2-5 years experience building award-winning interactive experiences for the web
- Strong experience with modern JS Frameworks/Libraries such as React, Gatsby, Next
- Experience with WebGL a bonus
- Extremely detailed in technical approach taking into account design principles and applying the utmost polish to a project
- Experience in building fault-tolerant, high performance client-side architecture.
- Experience using popular headless CMS solutions
- Experienced in Unit, e2e and performance testing software under load to ensure reliability and scalability for our larger projects
- Expert with Git
- Leafy and lovely studio environment in a cool hood
- Friday team lunches
- Monthly Nightjar excursions
- Annual Nightjar trips away
- Birthday day off
- Generous parental leave policy
- Friday arvo 'Wine & Refine' sessions to discuss what we did well and what we can improve with drinks to follow at our local
- Performance reviews and development plans to enable you to shine
- Personal tax returns completed for you
- Training budget for whatever tickles your fancy, we're always here to help you grow
- A team surrounding you who is dedicated to doing the absolute best that can be done on any given opportunity
- Work on Award-winning projects and learn from Awwwards and Webby judges
- A grumpy office Griffon by the name of Graeme
Please send us a portfolio or relevant live links to work